RaidFight.eu
Sign in to follow this  
JenKenos

Regarding manor

@nekys Can we have a proper response on this topic instead of you closing down bug threads please?

Me and my group are wondering what your plan is regarding manor as there's sieges next Sunday, with more castle owners manor will become a lot more relevant and a lot of people will like to take advantage of that. I'm copying my response from last Monday:

"It got disabled by Nekys allegedly because adrenaline users were abusing the system. Which I don't understand for two reasons:

a) Nekys advised on discord that these bots bought all the seeds at 20:00 and a few seconds. Which is impossible cuz the manor manager is still under maintenance until 20:06.

b) Me and my group were buying/selling at manor just fine, even with only 2 castles set up.

Also a friend of mine (outside my group) was banned for using adrenaline on manor even though he didn't even have seeds on him.

Curious tale if you ask me. If I had to bet manor wasn't even set up that day by the castle owner and people thought that someone used a bot even though there were never any seeds to buy 😅

Edit: Ok so I was talking to my guys last night, apparently manor wasn't even set up that day by the castle owners. @nekys I do appreciate the fact that you keep going after the cheaters eagerly, I really do, but I think you've made a mistake here."

37 minutes ago, JenKenos said:

@nekys Can we have a proper response on this topic instead of you closing down bug threads please?

Me and my group are wondering what your plan is regarding manor as there's sieges next Sunday, with more castle owners manor will become a lot more relevant and a lot of people will like to take advantage of that. I'm copying my response from last Monday:

"It got disabled by Nekys allegedly because adrenaline users were abusing the system. Which I don't understand for two reasons:

a) Nekys advised on discord that these bots bought all the seeds at 20:00 and a few seconds. Which is impossible cuz the manor manager is still under maintenance until 20:06.

b) Me and my group were buying/selling at manor just fine, even with only 2 castles set up.

Also a friend of mine (outside my group) was banned for using adrenaline on manor even though he didn't even have seeds on him.

Curious tale if you ask me. If I had to bet manor wasn't even set up that day by the castle owner and people thought that someone used a bot even though there were never any seeds to buy 😅

Edit: Ok so I was talking to my guys last night, apparently manor wasn't even set up that day by the castle owners. @nekys I do appreciate the fact that you keep going after the cheaters eagerly, I really do, but I think you've made a mistake here."

for the moment, there is no plan of returning the retail manor system any time soon, it's dangerous for the market's health.

• Haha 1

In your response on the subclass matter ( which i 100% agree with) you mentioned that the people should gear up and ally in order to bring down those protecting Baium. You also mentioned multiple times that you are trying to bring the most retail IL experience.

I don't understand how the manor decision is keeping in line with everything else you've said. We are literally blocked out of a big part of a game that would actually allow us to gear up and catch up. I understand there's a lot of issues that need fixing but i can't imagine anything else being more important than this atm (cause it seems that this is the biggest thing preventing the server's experience from being retail-like)

I was at least expecting a plan to return the retail manor system, i'm not saying it should be done immediately. I understand you are the admin and aware of stuff we don't know about, but how can we advertise the server as being retail-like when such a core feature has been disabled so early on?

• Perfect 5

Manor boosts economy and that fact makes donation coin lose value, you think GM would leave it enabled ? huhu

• Like 1
  • Perfect 2

as long as it's a game feature where the guy with an automatic program can get advantage over other players and purchase all seeds in zero time,
it's not going to be enabled. RaidFight is full retail like, but without manor.

• Like 1

quite hard to reach out to the tops clans who already have everything. and used manor before it got diasable.

Basically gm is right. Adrena can take everything in zero time.It doesnt  matter if u change the time that manor opens , the program  will spam countless times until it finds it open. This happened in countless servers . 

30 minutes ago, nekys said:

as long as it's a game feature where the guy with an automatic program can get advantage over other players and purchase all seeds in zero time,

So its not full retail, don't call it that if manor is disabled.  I agree that manor should be kept closed until solution is found, but we just want to know if you are looking for solution at all.

44 minutes ago, MadSkills said:

So its not full retail, don't call it that if manor is disabled.  I agree that manor should be kept closed until solution is found, but we just want to know if you are looking for solution at all.

i am not to be honest, i am working on bug reports & geodata, in my opinion i think i might open up a thread about manor so players can pass me their ideas, and the idea i like the most i will create a poll so RF community will vote for it if they want me to implement it, i don't wanna think and choose my self and then players call us a custom server 😛 

In that case, the sooner discussion start the better. Because that will take some time for sure.

39 minutes ago, nekys said:

i am not to be honest, i am working on bug reports & geodata, in my opinion i think i might open up a thread about manor so players can pass me their ideas, and the idea i like the most i will create a poll so RF community will vote for it if they want me to implement it, i don't wanna think and choose my self and then players call us a custom server 😛 

max seeds selling / player 

example.... max 50 quantity of each mats / player....(max 50 VoP ,Enria etc. each player can take) ....so its hard for ppl to put clicker on 1 ,and after alt tab change char to get 2nd round on another char, in mean time each active player has a chance to get some mats.....

@nekys dunno...its what came into my mind this second

It's really a pain in the neck to not have the manor available, but i can see why @nekys is so diffident about it.
Let's say it's a good idea to make a thread and discuss about it, as soon as possible imho because a lot of people had a good use of manor till we could.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antonis Bakiris said:

What about DCS and BoG since there wont be a manor?

You get nothing mate, all part of the retail experience. However an influx of 500kk AA out of thin air is not dangerous for the market's health.

• Haha 2

classchanges for coins
crp for coins
buffs for coins
reduce pk for coins
custom epicboss spawn

so this server is already a custom server, do whatever you want with manor doesnt change anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoeey said:

JenKenos what 500kk AA lol?

Vote reward bonus i guess. (if you count near 1000 unique player 25k x 2 votes per day  x 1000 players  x 10 days.)

Retail not retail whatever, Manor is huge part of the game, no manor means no craft server for me 😪...

Let see that poll.

• Like 1

Got it, yeah that is interessting, i was not even thinking that way. The manor i think its a bigger problem for casual players. not everyone having a spoiler or a farm party and for those people manor would be a very good option to get mats, craft, etc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What about random time ?

Actually calculation is set every 24h.

Would it be possible to set it the 23h + 1h random ? Or less or more idk.

If so, add logs on all Manor npc, create automatic check of that logs to see who is spaming npc. (i guess it's possible to see the dif. between a real player who spam and a robot).

Ban all bot by IP and HWID, then reduce the random period to come back progressively to a "normal manor".

I'm bored to see that game/server fucked by bots. The issue is bot users not the manor.

PS: my help offer i sent you in pm is still valide.

Edited by Aurélien Dudul

I think someone already mentioned it but implementing a cap on the amount of seeds you can buy could work. Very temporary fix but will give us time to consider better options. Meanwhile people for who manor is essential will be able to get at least something out of it. 

This should be good for the market as well. A player getting all of it means he will likely sell. If the seed amount is split between multiple accounts the mats won't even go in the market- they'll sit in inventories or be used for crafting.

I obviously don't know how hard it would be to implement, but if it's easy, it wouldn't hurt to try it for a day and see what happens- effect on market shouldn't be big if it all goes to shit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nekys said:

RaidFight is full retail like, but without manor.

its mean is not full retail like :D:D xDxD

Neksys You are not serious

Make it cost 10 000 adena every time you click at the manor npc.
That way the bots will be out of adena in a few seconds.

22 hours ago, nekys said:

Neksys this situation never happend at RF! I was on manor this day when some one bought all seeds on 0.1s. But its no true! There were no seeds to buy! New owner didn set this on new! U can easy check it! Why are u making such a big problem of normal part of this game! Just turn manor on for 1 week and try to control it. When u see some bots ban it. Thats it!

• Like 1